Dairy-Free Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole
FOR THE SWEET POTATOES:
4 1/2 pounds (about 5-6 medium) sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 tablespoons vegan butter
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon bourbon
3 tablespoons Ripple Half and Half
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon sea salt
FOR THE CRUMBLE:
1 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup flour
½ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted water on high heat. Bring to a boil then lower to medium heat and boil until sweet potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, prepare your crumble by combining all crumble ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 375º F.
4. Once potatoes are done, drain and place in the bowl of an electric mixer. Using the paddle attachment, mix until smooth. Add in the butter, maple syrup, bourbon, Ripple Half and Half, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt. Mix until smooth and creamy.
5. Spread sweet potato mixture in the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch casserole dish. Top evenly with crumble mixture.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool five minutes before serving.