Vegan Lemon Shortbread Cookies
¾ cup vegan butter, at room temperature
½ cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2-4 tablespoons Ripple Vanilla Half and Half
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the vegan butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
2. Slowly add the flour, and mix just until combined. If dough appears crumbly, use your hands to press into a large ball.
3. Wrap and chill dough in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350º F.
5. Remove from refrigerator, and roll the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is ¼-inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut dough into desired shapes, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Re-roll dough scraps and continue process until all dough is used.
6. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until just golden. Cool on the cookie sheet 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. To make the icing, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add Ripple Half and Half, one tablespoon at a time, while whisking. Continue adding Half and Half until icing becomes smooth and spreadable. If it becomes too runny, slowly add more powdered sugar until you reach the desired consistency.
8. Spread icing over cooled cookies, and top with edible flowers.